Providing affordable mental healthcare across Australia
At HelloDoc we believe; quality and affordable mental healthcare is everyone’s basic right. We want to ensure that people can have access to quality consultations with Psychiatrists and Psychologists easily available from the comfort of their home.
YOUR MENTAL HEALTH IS OUR PRIORITY
Don’t delay getting the mental healthcare attention you need, get a referral from your GP and book an appointment now.
Why choose HelloDoc
Avoid Long Waits
You no longer have to wait for long periods in clinics or waiting rooms for consultations.
Have your consultation from the comfort of your home or anywhere.
Majority of our Telepsychiatry services are bulk billed. Telepsychology services are accessible at low cost.
Safe and reliable
We use secure and reliable platforms for all services.
Frequently Asked Questions
A referral letter from your GP addressed to Psychiatrist at HelloDoc, with a request of 291 assessment. Referrals can be emailed to email@example.com or faxed on 03 9001 0712.
A mental healthcare plan (MHCP) from your GP. MHCP can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed on 03 9001 0712.
Who is eligible for Medicare funded telehealth services?
Taking into account the current Covid-19 pandemic, the Australian Government has extended the eligibility criteria for telepsychiatry to include Medicare card holders in metropolitan area.
- Our telepsychiatry initial assessments are currently 100% bulk billed for all Medicare card holders (due to Australian Government extending the eligibility to Metropolitan areas).(There could be some exceptions to this, for example; ADHD assessments, where an upfront gap fee/out of pocket cost will be charged to patients due to extensive work required for these assessments. Any fee, if applicable, will discussed with patients before making the appointments).
- Once the Government extended eligibility criteria comes to an end, for 100% bulk billed appointments, you need to be living in eligible areas
- To find out if you live in an eligible area click here. Enter in your home address and select Australian Standard Geographical Classification Remoteness Area (ASGC-RA). If you live in an ASGC-RA 2-5 region you are eligible for this service. Our psychiatrists will be able to bulk-bill you for both initial assessments and ongoing telepsychiatry consultations in most cases.
- For non-Medicare card holders / private patients, telepsychiatry services can be accessed at a low cost. Please contact us for further information on 1300 959 942 or email@example.com
- Eligible patients may be able to claim a partial Medicare rebate
- To be eligible for Medicare rebates you need to be living in eligible areas.
- To find out if you qualify click here. Enter in your home address and select Monash Modified Model (MMM). If you live in an MMM region 4-7, you can claim Medicare rebates for up to 10 telepsychology therapy sessions per year.
- Taking into account the current Covid-19 pandemic, the Australian Government has extended the eligibility criteria for telepsychology to include Medicare card holders in metropolitan area.
- For non-Medicare card holders / private patients, telepsychology services can be accessed at a low cost. Please contact us for further information on 1300 959 942 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Some private healthcare funds may cover part of the telepsychology consultation costs. We suggest you speak to your private healthcare fund provider for further details
Prepare for your appointment
- Think about what you need to ask your healthcare provider – consider writing a short list
Prepare your space
- Find a quiet, private and comfortable place to sit
- Ensure there is enough lighting in the space
- Ensure you have everything you need ready such as a glass of water, tissues, pen and paper
- Consider a ‘do not disturb’ sign for the door
Prepare your device
- Ensure that your device can access videoconferencing link and meeting ID, that would have been sent to you by HelloDoc
- Consider a trial run with a friend – check your internet connection, practice using your webcam, and make sure your audio/microphone is working
- Charge your electronic device (phone, laptop, iPad/ Tab) or plug it in during the appointment
- Headphones can help with sound quality: if available, have these ready to use
For patients who were referred for our services
- The Psychiatrist or Psychologist will send a report back to your referring GP and you will need to book a follow up appointment with GP to go through the report.
For private / direct patients
- As the outcomes of consultations vary from patient to patient, the Psychiatrist or Psychologist will discuss the next steps with you, upon assessment
Does HelloDoc monitor or record consultations?
Consultations are strictly confidential and are not recorded.
Who can see my health information?
Only healthcare professionals and admin staff allocated to your care can access your health information.
In certain circumstances, if our medical professionals are concerned about your safety or safety of others, your personal information including personal details and relevant sensitive information may be disclosed to the relevant authorities.