At HelloDoc, we understand the increasing needs of Australians wanting to access psychological therapies with ease. The current situation with COVID-19 is a challenging time for everyone and this is not only affecting people with pre-existing mental health conditions, but recent surveys have indicated more people are feeling increased stress, anxiety and depression symptoms.
Our team has come together in these challenging times to provide psychological consultations through modern and secure video platforms.
We have an excellent team of experienced therapists ready to work with patients to provide personalised consultations catered to their individual needs.
What is Telepsychology
Telepsychology refers to the provision of behavioural and/or mental healthcare services. At HelloDoc, our therapists, therefore, provide consultations to patients through modern and secure video platforms.
Telepsychology services have already been provided for several years and are becoming more common. Telepsychology can be a very attractive option for patients as well as therapists. Research and studies have reflected the effectiveness of telepsychology as being the same as face to face consultations.
Benefits of Telepsychology
It is recognised that face-to-face psychological services are often not accessible to certain people because of their geographic location, physical, medical or mental health condition/s or for other reasons.
Telepsychology also provides access to services for those who may not be able to travel to the clinic where face to face service are offered.
People who live in remote areas, who do not have access to a vehicle, who are physically challenged, fearful or who are unable to find child care services in order to travel to a clinic are examples of individuals who could also benefit from telepsychology.
Other benefits of telepsychology include:
- Convenient access to quality mental healthcare
- Flexible scheduling. Extended hours of service beyond regular office hours
- Better access for people living in remote areas or areas that have limited mental health resources
- Increased access for those with PTSD or agoraphobia – or for anyone who has difficulty attending an in-person consultation
- More time for the patient to collect themselves and to think about their thoughts, feelings, and behaviours outside of therapy
Why choose HelloDoc Telepsychology
- Consultations by experienced Therapists
- Quick response. Appointments booked within 5 business days of receiving referrals
- Medicare rebates for eligible appointments with a small out of pocket cost (gap)
- Offering consultations at a low cost to private patients
How does it work
To avail our telepsychology services, patients need:
- A referral letter (or mental healthcare plan MHCP) from a GP if eligible to claim Medicare rebate
- Or alternatively you can book an appointment directly with one of our therapists (Private/non-Medicare card holders)
- Our admin team will be in contact within 5 business days of receiving the referral to make an appointment with one of our experienced therapists and provide further details on how the process works.
- Access to a smart device that can support the video conferencing platforms (e.g. mobile phone, iPad, laptop, computer, etc.) and has internet connection.
- A credit card to pay consultation fee at the time of booking your appointment
- For private/direct patient appointments, please contact us for further information on firstname.lastname@example.org
What are the charges for HelloDoc Telepsychology services
- Eligible patients may be able to claim a partial Medicare rebate
- To be eligible for Medicare rebates you need to be living in eligible areas.
- To find out if you qualify click here. Enter in your home address and select Monash Modified Model (MMM). If you live in an MMM region 4-7, you can claim Medicare rebates for up to 10 telepsychology therapy sessions per year.
- Taking into account the current Covid-19 pandemic, the Australian Government has extended the eligibility criteria for telepsychology to include Medicare card holders in metropolitan area.
- For non-Medicare card holders / private patients, telepsychology services can be accessed at a low cost. Please contact us for further information on 1300 959 942 or email@example.com
- Some private healthcare funds may cover part of the telepsychology consultation costs. We suggest you speak to your private healthcare fund provider for further details
Limited weekend appointments or after-hours consults may be available. The fees for these appointments will be discussed by our admin staff when they organise the appointment.
How to schedule a Telepsychology appointment
If you have a referral or mental healthcare plan (MHCP) from your GP, email this to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it on 03 9001 0712. Please ensure your contact details, including phone number and an email address are on your referral letter.
Once received, we will be in touch within 5 business days to schedule your appointment. Please call us if you have not heard from us within 5 business days of sending the referral.
To make an appointment as a private patient, please contact us via email at email@example.com or call us on 1300 959 942.
GPs referring patients to HelloDoc Telepsychology
Please ensure referrals are addressed to “Dear Therapist” and include the mental healthcare plan (MHCP).
All referrals must include patient’s contact information, including phone number and email. Please fax referrals to our office on 03 9001 0712 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our friendly admin team will contact the patient within 5 business days. Please request your patients to call us if they have not heard from us within 5 business days of sending the referral.