HelloDoc acknowledges your rights to privacy and respects the importance of protecting your confidentiality. As per the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Act) we have a legal obligation to protect your personal information. As a service provider, we are obliged to follow the rules under the Privacy Act which regulates handling of personal information about individuals including the collection, use, storage and disclosure of this information.
Information collected by HelloDoc
Personal information is not limited to information that can be used to personally identify you but also includes sensitive information.
All information collected from the time of your first contact with HelloDoc or referral to our services as well as during the course of your engagement with our services will be referred to as “personal information”.
We may collect the following types of personal information
- Name, residential address and contact number
- Age and/or date of birth
- Medicare card number, Health Care Card number, Pensioners Concession Card number, Commonwealth Seniors Health Card number, Private health insurance details or Veterans’ Affairs number
- Ethnic background
- Profession, occupation and/or job title
- Current medications and/or drugs or treatments used by you
- Information relevant to your medical care; including but not limited to your previous and current medical history and where clinically relevant, your families medical history
- Any additional information relating to you that you may provide to us directly through services and/or consultations provided by our medical professionals
We collect your personal information in following ways
- Directly from you while making appointments
- Disclosed by you during consultations
- Information collected through your access and use of our website
- From your referring doctor
- We may also collect personal information from third parties including information provided on your behalf with your consent
What happens if HelloDoc cannot collect your personal information
HelloDoc provides leading telepsychiatry and telepsychology services in Australia. Our leading Psychiatrists and Therapists are dedicated to providing patient centered care. If you do not provide us with the requested personal information required for our medical professionals to provide adequate service, they may not be able to provide the requested services to you, either to the same standard or at all.
For what purposes does HelloDoc collect, hold, use and/or disclose your personal information
We collect personal information about you to perform our business activities, functions and to provide quality services to you.
We collect, hold, use and/or disclose your personal information for the following purposes
- Provide medical services and treatments to you, and to enable you to be attended by medical practitioners
- For administrative and billing purposes
- For record keeping and to keep your contact details up to date
- Processing and responding to any potential complaints made
- Comply with any laws, rules, regulations, lawful and binding determination, for decision or direction of regulators, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country
- To report back to your referring doctor
- To answer enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new services and all matters relevant to the services we provide to you
In certain circumstances, if our medical professionals are concerned about your safety or safety of others, your personal information including personal details and relevant sensitive information may be disclosed to the relevant authorities.
Security of your personal information
As a leading provider of telepsychiatry and telepsychology, HelloDoc takes the privacy and security of your personal information seriously. This means our website and other external software that are used to provide services are password protective and there is no public access to confidential information. We continuously take measures to set the highest standard of security and to deliver services through secure platforms to ensure your privacy is maintained. However, except to the extent liability cannot be excluded due to the operation of statute, we exclude all liability (including negligence) for the consequence of any unauthorised access to, disclosure of, misuse of or loss or corruption of your personal information. Please notify us immediately if you become aware of any breach of security.
We are not responsible for and do not control the privacy practices of any of our customers or any other third party. We encourage you to review the privacy practices of each third party.
For any concerns or a complaints regarding the handling of your privacy or a possible breach of your privacy, please contact us at email@example.com.